Today’s post features one of the more popular Korean dishes. It’s thinly sliced beef ribeye marinated in garlic and savory soy sauce with sweet, sweet honey. It’s Bulgogi.
Readily available in Korean supermarkets and in the abundant Korean restaurant world, you can get bulgogi almost anywhere. But did you know that you can make it at home? It has the most ordinary ingredients and results in the most extraordinary flavor.
It’s so easy to make and even easier to eat. Enjoy it with rice and red leaf lettuce, or sesame leaves as we often do. Even pile it high on some good bread with melted cheese. However you enjoy it, I hope you enjoy it soon. Let’s make it!
Prep Time: 25M | Cook Time: 10M | Total Time: 35M
Recipe Author: SavorySeoul
- 1.5 pounds thinly sliced ribeye
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 head garlic roughly chopped
- 3 king oyster mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions chopped, to garnish
- toasted sesame oil, to garnish
- Mix all of the ingredients (except green onions and sesame oil) together in a mixing bowl and let sit in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Coat and heat pan to medium-high with olive oil.
- Add the bulgogi, stirring occasionally, until cooked through.
- Garnish with green onions and a tiny drizzle of sesame oil at the very end.
SERVE & ENJOY!