noodles, Noodles NOODLES!!!
I love noodles.
They’re one of my favorite foods and I have yet to make a post about them.
That needs to change. Right now.
Welcome to my first post about noodles.
Why do I love noodles?? I think the question is, why wouldn’t I love noodles??
They’re so chewy and soft, and oh, so slurpable.
I know some people don’t like to, but I like to slurp my noodles. It’s fun and it’s my confirmation that you’re enjoying your noodles. And that makes me happy.
It’s like the “ahhh~” that comes after sipping piping hot soup, or the “mmm” that comes after smelling your coffee or tea or hot chocolate, what have you.
But I digress.
The noodle dish that I’ll be serving for dinner tonight is Bibim NaengMyun.
I’ve been craving it for a couple months now and today is the perfect day for it.
It’s simple and quick to make so you’ll have it ready in no time.
When you break down the name of the dish, it translates into Mixed (Bibim) Cold (Naeng) Noodles (Myun).
Bibim NaengMyun is a cold and spicy buckwheat noodle dish that is served during the warmer summer months. Normally, it is served with thin slices of beef brisket, as well as a little beef bone broth in the sauce, but since I had neither, I left it out and served with grilled samgyupsal (thinly sliced skinless pork belly).
It still tasted awesome and definitely satisfied my craving.
Let’s make it!
Recipe Author: SavorySeoul
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Korean Gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon Korean red pepper flake
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 small red onion
- pinch of black pepper and salt
Noodles & Garnish
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- toasted sesame seeds
- hard boiled egg
- buckwheat noodles, cooked to package directions
- quarter the red onion and soak in ice water for around 10 minutes. this helps to take the bite out of the onions.
- boil and peel the eggs and cook the buckwheat noodles to package directions. rinse the noodles under cold water.
- thinly slice the cucumber.
- add all the sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- plate up the noodles, sauce and garnishes and serve. ENJOY.